A gift card program will allow your business to offer gift cards to your customers. A gift card works like a gift certificate, and can be electronically charged and funded through you credit card machine. Your customers can purchase gift cards from you to give away as presents. Gift cards can be a great marketing medium and help create customer loyalty.
The growth of gift cards in the U.S. has grown significantly from their introduction in the mid 1990s. Here’s what various organizations report about the use of gift cards.
- Two-thirds of all consumers have purchased at least one gift card.
- 55% percent of gift card recipients need more than one trip to deplete the value of their card and the average recipient spends 20% more than their card’s initial value.
- 61% of Gift Card holders spend more than the gift amount, and 75% of those spend 60% more than the value of the card.
Why Accept Gift Cards
- Increase Sales, Profits, and Cash Flow
- Increase Marketing and Brand Awareness
- Gift Cards Help Increase Revenue at Your Store
- Gift Cards Keep Money in Your Store
Contact your Intrix merchant sales representative to learn how to start accepting Gift Cards today.